Today is my 100th post…
So YAY!!! I actually survive being online for a year and three months. You know I’ve heard some people accomplished their 200 posts in a matter of just a year or less than a year. I don’t know how they could have done it. But maybe they hired other people to write for them.
If you can write 5x a week, maybe it’s possible to accomplish 200-posts in a year. But for me I’m one of these tortoise who likes to enjoy the scenery while being in a race.
In the past, I mentioned it several times that Paid Social Media Jobs got me started blogging. I was curious at their “Social Media Management” jobs. I thought since I am familiar with Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and YouTube…I could start doing this type of job with real ease. Then next thing I knew, I am blogging my business because PSMJ said that I could make money on Affiliate Marketing.
Since I am passionate about blogging and the social media, I was very excited to know that what I’ve been writing on my journals finally gave me dividends where in the past people used to ridicule me. “You call that a diary? If that’s a diary then it wouldn’t be available to the public or semi-public.” True. But then this is probably the new wave of blogging your diary on the 21st century where the possibility of interacting with your followers, readers, and friends…which is what they call now – engagement.
Some of the people who inspire me in blogging…
• Adrienne Smith = She is known as the famous “Engagement Superstar”. Who would not fall in love with Adrienne? Everyone just loves her. And that’s because she is always eager to help someone and truly she is very genuine when it comes to engaging with you. Some people just have the natural talent for being a people person and that’s Adrienne. I’ve learned so much from her. Each time I read her post, I’m always inspired. I love her enthusiasm and positive attitude. It is contagious. If you want something viral to pass around, catch it from Adrienne, she’s good at having the right kind of attitude. Best Authority & Influencer in her niche.
• Harleena Singh = She is known as the “Queen of Comments” and that’s because she can write a long comment up to 300 words. How many people can do that? Having a multi-niche site, Harleena can do them all. Each of her post is very insightful which will make you think. Also one of the thing I admire of her the most is, she’s good at giving you positive reinforcement, always saying the most positive thing about you. I wish I can be more like her. Sometimes, I can get controversial leaving a comment specially if I don’t agree with the post. But Harleena is good at this. She can be very graceful and at the same time be honest at what she say.
• Rob Cubbon = This wonderful guy is super humble which makes me come around more often and I don’t mind following him around. I said to him once, “Guess, I am stalking you all over the place now. But trust me, I am harmless.” Then he laughs. He’s very good in engaging with you back and forth, no matter how busy he gets. He is very knowledgeable. I respect and admire him a lot. He doesn’t leave a comment often but we always engage on Facebook and Google+. Rob is truly one great Authority and Influencer. He influenced my business many times and I’m so glad that I met him or else I would’ve done something more stupid.
• Steve Scott = He is one of my super idol. Yeah, not American Idol but he’s good enough to be respected as one big Authority and Influencer in his niche. Steve never came to my blog neither does he leave a comment here but to my surprise, one time he added me on Facebook. I was flabbergasted, indeed. And so I added him back. You can see that 90% of my business ebooks are from him. I bought most of his books. He’s the one I truly trust the most. I am very impress that no matter how famous he gets, he is still able to engage with you in his special way. And so I am supporting him 100%. He’s the one I admire the most.
• Lisa Irby = I found her through YouTube. I tell ya this woman has the best YouTube tutorial videos ever. Not only does she speaks in plain English, she’s also very inspiring and knowledgeable. She’s been around since 1998 and you can see that she’s one big Authority and Influencer which I admired the most. I bought her book, “Niche Website Success.” This book is so full of information, it’s one great addition to all of my business book reference. I know Lisa receives hundreds of emails a day, but despite all that, she knows how to engage with me still. She doesn’t ignore me. And this really means a lot to me and I truly appreciate her being around.
I know I’ve said this bizillion times on my blog. What made start writing was when I started Livejournal back in early 2000. It was the hottest thing at the moment. Hey, it was new for all of us. I started writing on my diary at the age of 14 and since then I have accommodate to doing it all the time.
Sometimes, I keep talking to myself. I thought I might as well have the pen & paper and write down my thoughts. Later, I found out it was a good therapy for me to write something, just about anything.
And if I write something very depressing or I wrote something that I was mad about, I don’t really keep it but tossed it away and forget about it. The Livejournal which is now I write on Insanejournal gave me the courage and didn’t even think twice whether this would work for me or what. When I heard that I could possibly make money on blogging, I did not think twice. I did not hesitate or question myself.
The only question I asked myself was, why didn’t I do this soon enough? …but we all have our own timing, right? Some things that might work for you may not work for me.
At the time people started blogging in the year 2004, I was going on the major crisis in my life. I’m not going to say anymore about this. But you get the idea that everything in life, there is always the right time.
Do you agree?
So for me, there is no vain regret. I did what I did to the best of my knowledge. I’m here to learn. I enjoy my journey on this 100th post of mine. I meant to keep going on my journey til I reach my destiny.
My destiny in blogging…
I am very passionate about blogging and so far I don’t know where my destiny is. What I mean by that is, I’m not sure how long I will be blogging but so long as I am needed around, I will keep on blogging.
Sometimes, I thought about becoming a Dog Trainer instead. Coz some of my friends said that I’m very good in dog training. I even looked around and see how much it would cost me to be a Certified Dog Trainer, but I’m not so sure about this. I enjoy doing things here online.
I love creating videos. I love doing graphic designs. I love learning new things about WordPress. I only learned WordPress since November 2012 and still I have a lot to learn. I don’t feel quite comfortable where I am, I feel like I need more experience in doing this. Perfect it. But you know the good thing about a person who never outgrow is, we are adaptable.
I am adaptable. Although sometimes I feel ill at ease when I have to change, eventually I adapt to the situation. As a business entrepreneur, I think being adaptable to a situation is probably one of the good quality we should possess. A person who is not apt to change is a person who is stagnant and doesn’t want to grow.
So change is good. If it wasn’t because of change I wouldn’t be here today doing this. Thank you everyone for all of your support. May God bless and keep you…*cheers*