I survived for the whole year!
I almost quit blogging. But I thank God for keeping on and hanging in there. January 17th, 2013 is my 1st Blog Anniversary. I registered my domain on November 29, 2012. But I didn’t really started blogging on “Design & Marketing” till January because I was busy building two blogs before this.
After I registered angelamccall.com, I registered Health Matters next on November 30, 2012. I started working on this blog first before I implemented Angela McCall online. I thought it would be a good idea to do this first but I was wrong. After I finished registering these 2 domains, I went ahead and registered the Love Sex Marriage domain which was registered on December 10, 2012.
I guess I could say that Health Matters and Love Sex Marriage blogs are their 1st Blog Anniversary as well. But so far they are inactive and later on will be active as time permits.
So you could see me there juggling with 3 websites at a time!
Before my 1st Blog Anniversary…
First time I wrote my blog it was about the Thrift Store. *LOL* I didn’t know what to say. What do you expect? I came from Live Journal to here. I was used to saying my mundane day-to-day life. I talk about anything. Whatever it is. It could be my frustrations for the day. Or my epiphamy for the week. Whatever suits my taste. It goes on my journal. But a blog is different from a journal. This is not a diary but it has a different caliber than live journal. On my very first post you can see Joy Healey was my very first commentor. She made me feel at ease and right away we clicked.
After taking a break from Graphic Design and after coming back to do Commercial Art, I didn’t know where to start. I was lost. I was looking for a job at SimplyHired.com when suddenly I stumbled on this job list that says Paid Social Media Jobs and I thought it stimulated my curiousity and so I followed the link.
Next thing I knew I have signed up for the 1 dollar trial period and after certain days, it rolled over to the real pay. I thought I was crazy! I paid the membership fee because I knew I have 60-days to cancel the product if I wasn’t satisfied. The next thing I knew I was hooked on some of their webinars. They have all kinds of stuff inside the membership area. This is where I’ve learned that you could make money on blogging!
Some of the things are:
• How to make money on ebay
• How to make your online resume
• Tons of ebooks and videos inside!
• Affiliate Blogging Secrets
• How to Setup WordPress
• How to be a Social Media Manager
…and there are more! I can only tell you just a few of these but the site is loaded of “how to” do this and that.The membership is a one time cost. It updated from time-to-time. Still this day, I haven’t finish reading this whole entire site, there is so much to cover.
But since this is not a product review of PSMJ, I digress.
I am planning to write a “static page” product review on PSMJ. I haven’t really followed all their rules. There is so much to do! But this is the company that finds the job for you. You have to fill up their form, they get commission on every job that you get through them. And so more of this later. Watch out for the updates.
Like I said, I was juggling with 3 blogs! And so when I met Adrienne Smith and Rob Goss, I asked them, “Do you think I should keep my other blogs or just keep one?” Both of them said, drop the others and just concentrate on one. Adrienne emphasized that it takes time to draw traffic on your blog and so 3 of them can really drive me insane! And she was right. I was very stressed in the beginning of blogging. I wasn’t really enjoying it. But after I dropped the 2 other blogs, the burden on my shoulders became lighter. 🙂
So now besides the Angela McCall project, perhaps I can pay attention to the abandoned blogs. I’d like to turn that “Love and Relationship” blog like what Tim Bonner did on his niche website of pottytrainhelp.com. The next thing I want to do on this site is change it to Genesis & get a different “child theme” and disable the date. Like Tim said on his post, I don’t want people to get obsessed on the date of the post and so by deleting this, the readers can concentrate more on what is important.
Some of the things I have in mind for my blog are:
• eStore = I would like to put an eStore on my website. I have installed the WP eStore plugin already. I tested it already and so far so good. The paypal and the credit cards works like a champ. This is where the future products are going in. So far I’m re-constructing my “Website Design Package” and it will be on this eStore. Just make it easier for clients to access it with Paypal and/or credit cards.
• Interviews = I’m still brainstorming on this one. I would like to do the Google Hangout interview. Since I’ve seen a lot of people using this and they are successful, I would like to master the Google Hangout how to record and stuff. But so far, I’ve only tried this but I have no luck on recording my conversation there. Simply put, I don’t know how. So I need to really learn this. A lot of people are using smartphone and iphone. And sometimes having the interview on podcast, they can listen to their mobile devices anywhere they go.
• Social Media = I would like to concentrate on Google+, Linkedin, and Twitter. These are the three main ones I’d like to concentrate more. I know I’m not fond of Twitter very much coz I don’t see people engage there very much other than they just advertise their links or someone else’s links. Slowly, I start to engage more there. Google+ will be on my big agenda this year. And I’d like to keep my engagement on Linkedin. I know some people find this a “dormant” but to me it’s very useful. I always find great topics at Linkedin.
Let’s celebrate my 1st Blog Anniversary
While you are sitting and feeling relax, let’s have a glass of champagne! So, I’m so happy for not giving up and for going forward. I thank all my friends, readers, and fans for supporting my blog and website. Without you, I won’t be here today. So here’s to you!!!!!! *cheers*
What do you want to see on my website?
I’m open to your suggestions. What do you want to see on my blog? I’m anxious to hear your opinion. You can use the commentary window below and give me your feedback.
NOTE: I am affiliated with Clickbank which means if you click my PSMJ link and you bought the product above, I will get a commission. angelamccall.com is an affiliate for certain products listed on this website, and may earn commissions based on some sales referred.
CREDIT: Champagne photo in courtesy of Laura Alice Watt.